1) Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
2) I have seen Him in the watch fires of a a hundred circling camps,
3) I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
4) He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
1) He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
2) They have builded Him an alter in the evening dews and damps;
3) "As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal."
4) He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat.
1) He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
2) I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
3) Let the Hero born of woman crush the serpent with His heel,
4) Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!
1) His truth is march - ing on.
2) His truth is march - ing on.
3) Since God is march - ing on.
4) Our God is march - ing on.
Glory, glory hallelujah! Glory, glory hallelujah!
Glory, glory hallelujah! His truth is march - ing on.